Sainsbury’s Business Direct Terms and Conditions
To review the Sainsbury’s Gift Card, eGift Card and Gift Voucher Redemptions Terms and Conditions, please click here
You will also find helpful information around Gift Cards and eGift Cards on our Sainsbury’s Help Centre
Please find below the Terms and Conditions for Purchasing Gift Cards and eGift Cards from Sainsbury’s Business Direct in bulk.
Any company, partnership, individual or other legal entity (“you”) purchasing gift cards and gift card top ups or other stored value instruments together the (“Cards”) from Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd (“Sainsbury’s”, “us” or “we”, as applicable) does so subject to these terms and conditions.
If you have a credit or debit facility, we will despatch Cards to you as soon as reasonably possible after we receive your order. If you do not have a credit facility, we will despatch Cards upon receipt of cleared funds in respect of the Cards. For payments by cheque, cleared funds means 5 working days after the submission of the cheque.
Where the Products are Digital eGift Cards, we will despatch eGift Cards to you as follows:
For bulk purchases, within 2 working days after receipt of cleared funds.
Where orders are payable via a credit account or a float held by Sainsbury’s on your behalf (and in credit) we will despatch the eGift Cards in accordance with our agreed terms.
Credit card payments are not accepted.
If you are having any difficulties placing your order please call the team on 0370 0101351.
Risk in the Cards will remain with us until the Cards are delivered to you, at which point risk in the Cards shall pass to you. Title in the Cards will remain with us until you pay for the Cards in full. If you sell or transfer the Cards to any third party, you must make clear to the recipient that title in the Cards remains vested in Sainsbury’s until we have been paid in full.
We reserve the right to refuse any order for Cards at any time and for any reason, without the need to state the reason for any such refusal.
If we have opened a credit account for you, we will send you an invoice for the Cards you have ordered within 2 days of receiving your order. You must settle all invoices within the agreed payment terms.
If you are late in paying any overdue invoices:
• you will forfeit any discount that we have previously agreed to give you, which will then become payable by you;
• interest at the rate of 4% above the Bank of England base rate will be levied on all amounts which have not been settled within 28 days of the invoice date; and
• we will suspend your account until payment has been received in full, which means that you will not be able to order any Cards from us until you have settled your account in full.
Use of Sainsbury’s Brand
You may not use any product image, corporate title, designation, service mark, trademark or any other trading name or style of Sainsbury’s (“Sainsbury’s Brand”) without having first obtained our consent in writing. You may not despatch any Cards to any third party if we have not previously approved any artwork incorporating the Sainsbury’s Brand in writing. We may withdraw any consent or approval referred to in this clause at any time by notifying you of such withdrawal.
You are responsible for checking each delivery. If there is a discrepancy in the number of Products ordered and the number of Products delivered as against your order, you must notify us as soon as possible and in any event, no later than 48 hours after delivery. If we do not receive such notification, then the Products shall be deemed to have been delivered on the Delivery Date and in the correct quantity.
Terms Governing the Cards
You may not sell the Cards to any third parties without our consent. If we do give our consent, then such consent may be subject to any conditions which we impose. In any event you may not sell the Cards through the internet without our express written consent, which you must obtain before making any such sale. We reserve the right at all times to refuse to permit any sale of Cards by you to a third party.
You may change your order if we have not yet despatched the Cards or eGift Cards. However, once we have despatched the Cards or eGift Cards you may not change the order. If you do make a change to order this may result in a delay in despatch.
You are responsible for ensuring the terms and conditions for the use of each Card or eGift Card are brought clearly to the attention of the final recipient.
You are responsible for ensuring that the expiry date of each Card or eGift Card is brought clearly to the attention of the final recipient.
The terms governing the use of the Cards themselves are available from us by writing to the following: Sainsbury’s Business Direct, PO Box 138 Annitsford, Cramlington NE23 7WL
In the event that:
- you make any voluntary arrangement with your creditors, you become subject to an administration order, you go into liquidation, you suffer a petition for winding up to be issued against you or the equivalent occurs under any jurisdiction order other than for the purpose of a solvent amalgamation or reconstruction, or (being an individual) you are made bankrupt; or
- an encumbrancer takes possession of, or a receiver or an administrative receiver is appointed over any of your property or assets; or – you suspend or threaten to suspend any payments hereunder or cease or threaten to cease to carry on business or
- Sainsbury’s reasonably considers that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to you then without prejudice to any other right or remedies available to us, we shall be entitled forthwith to cancel our contract with you and/or suspend any further deliveries of Cards without any liability to you.
We will be entitled at any time to require you to deliver up any Cards which have not been paid for to us and if you fail to do so immediately we shall be entitled to enter on to any premises where the Cards are stored and repossess the Cards; for top up monies that have been applied to the Cards we will remove those funds.
Where you have an agreed credit facility, we will be entitled at any time to require you to deliver up any eGift Cards which have not been paid for to us and if you fail to do so immediately we shall be entitled to cancel any outstanding digital balance on eGift Cards.
Where we are in breach of these terms:
- we will not be liable to you (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for any indirect or consequential loss, cost or damage you suffer;
- we will not in any event be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of data or loss of goodwill, whether any such loss is direct or indirect.
- our maximum liability to you arising out of or in connection with your ordering Cards from us shall be limited to 10% of the value of Cards which you ordered.
The funds on this gift card/gift voucher are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. In the unlikely event of the issuer of this product becoming insolvent some funds on this card/voucher may not be available to spend.