Terms and Conditions for the Sale and Use of Gift Cards and E-Gift Cards.
Any company, partnership, individual or other legal entity (“you”) purchasing gift cards and gift card top ups or other stored value instruments together the (“Cards”) from Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd (“Sainsbury’s”, “us” or “we”, as applicable) does so subject to these terms and conditions.
The gift voucher, issued by Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd, 33 Holborn, London, EC1N2HT can be exchanged for goods of your choice from any Sainsbury’s store to the value indicated on the face of the voucher. The gift voucher is only valid in Sainsbury’s stores and cannot be redeemed online at www.sainsburys.co.uk , in Sainsbury’s Petrol Stations or in the pharmacy. Branded Gift Cards, Scratch cards, LPG AUTOGAS, Pay Point products and services, Infant formula, Tobacco and related products, BT phonecards, E TOP-UP Savings stamps, Postage stamps, National Lottery products, Online Delivery charges, Concession coffee shops, restaurants or vending machine purchases cannot be purchased with gift vouchers. The gift voucher may not be used for purchases from Concessions in Sainsbury’s stores or at Sainsbury’s Local in partnership with Euro Garages. Change will not be given on any purchase and the gift voucher may not be exchanged for cash. Gift Vouchers have an expiry date which is printed on the back of the voucher.
Please note gift vouchers will no longer be available to purchase from 28 February 2019.
Gift cards can only be used in Sainsbury’s stores as part or full payment for goods. The gift card may not be used for purchases from Concessions in Sainsbury’s stores. They cannot be redeemed at www.sainsburys.co.uk ,in Sainsbury’s Petrol Stations or in the pharmacy. Branded Gift Cards, Scratch cards, LPG AUTOGAS, Pay Point products and services, Infant Formula, tobacco and related products, BT phone cards, E top-up, savings stamps, postage stamps, National lottery products, online delivery charges, concession coffee shops, restaurants or vending machine purchases cannot be purchased with a gift card. Gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash or used to pay for Sainsbury’s Bank products and services including credit card balances. Gift Cards have a 24 month expiry date from the date your provider requested the card. If not used within 24 months of first issue the gift card will expire and any balance will be forfeited. After first use in store, the Gift card thereafter has a 24 month rolling expiry date from last transaction (including balance enquiries from the customer services desk in store).
The initial and subsequent balances can be checked by calling 0800 636262 or by registering your card at www.sainsburysgifts.co.uk/registermycard. If you have lost your card, it is possible to transfer any remaining unused balance onto a new Gift card.
Sainsbury’s is not responsible for any unauthorised use of a gift card and reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this service at any time.
If a gift card is lost or stolen please contact us on 0800 636262. Lines are open Monday to Saturday 8am – 7pm and Sunday 10am-4pm.
Digital E-Gift Cards can be used as part or full payment for goods. The E-Gift Card may not be used for purchases from concessions in Sainsbury’s stores. They cannot be redeemed at Sainsbury’s petrol stations or in the pharmacy. Branded gift cards, scratch cards, LPG autogas, Pay Point products and services, infant formula, tobacco and related products, BT phone cards, E top-up, savings stamps, postage stamps, National lottery products, online delivery charges, concession coffee shops, restaurants or vending machine purchases cannot be purchased with an E-Gift Card. E-Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for cash or used to pay for Sainsbury’s Bank products and services including credit card balances.
E-Gift Cards have a 24 month expiry date from the date your provider requested the E-Gift Card. If not used within 24 months of first issue the E-Gift Card will expire, and any balance will be forfeited. After first use in store, the E-Gift Card thereafter has a 24 month rolling expiry date from last transaction (including balance enquiries from the customer services desk in store). We will not issue expiry reminders.
The maximum value that may be held on an E-Gift Card at any one time is £2000
E-Gift Cards can be registered at www.sainsburysgifts.co.uk/registermycard. Registration allows the recipient to see their outstanding balance and to cancel lost E-Gift Cards. We will block any future use of an E-Gift Card from the time we are notified of the loss and issue a new E-Gift Card. We cannot accept responsibility for any use prior to notification. To notify us of a lost or stolen E-Gift Card or to block a balance please contact us on 0800 636262. Lines are open Monday to Saturday 8am – 7pm and Sunday 10am-4pm.
The initial and subsequent balances can be checked by calling 0800 636262 Sainsbury’s is not responsible for any unauthorised use of an E-Gift Card and reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this service at any time.
Please visit www.sainsburysbusinessdirect.co.uk/terms-conditions for our full terms and conditions and www.sainsburysbusinessdirect.co.uk/exclusions for a list of excluded products.
There are two methods of redeeming your E-Gift Card: 1. In Store 2. Online at www.sainsburys.co.uk
- Redemption in store. E-Gift Cards can be redeemed from a smart phone device or printed and taken in to store. Each E-Gift Card includes a unique code. The code will be accepted by the cashier as full or part payment of an in store shopping transaction. Following first use in store any remaining balance on the E-Gift Card will be printed on a receipt. It is the recipient’s responsibility to retain the receipt as evidence of their outstanding balance. It is the recipient’s responsibility to retain a printed copy of the E-Gift Card code for use in any future transactions. There is no maximum limit per transaction.
If items are returned to store in accordance with our refund policy https://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/refunds-returns/what-isrefund-policy, any refund due will be credited to your E-Gift Card.
Purchasing Gift Cards and E-Gift Cards from Sainsbury’s Business Direct in bulk.
If you have a credit or debit facility, we will despatch Cards to you as soon as reasonably possible after we receive your order. If you do not have a credit facility, we will despatch Cards upon receipt of cleared funds in respect of the Cards. For payments by cheque, cleared funds means 5 working days after the submission of the cheque.
Where the Products are Digital E-Gift Cards, we will despatch E-Gift Cards to you as follows:
For bulk purchases, within 2 working days after receipt of cleared funds.
Where orders are payable via a credit account or a float held by Sainsbury’s on your behalf (and in credit) we will despatch the E-Gift Cards in accordance with our agreed terms.
Credit card payments are not accepted.
If you are having any difficulties placing your order please call the team on 0370 0101351.
Risk in the Cards will remain with us until the Cards are delivered to you, at which point risk in the Cards shall pass to you. Title in the Cards will remain with us until you pay for the Cards in full. If you sell or transfer the Cards to any third party, you must make clear to the recipient that title in the Cards remains vested in Sainsbury’s until we have been paid in full.
We reserve the right to refuse any order for Cards at any time and for any reason, without the need to state the reason for any such refusal.
If we have opened a credit account for you, we will send you an invoice for the Cards you have ordered within 2 days of receiving your order. You must settle all invoices within the agreed payment terms.
If you are late in paying any overdue invoices:
• you will forfeit any discount that we have previously agreed to give you, which will then become payable by you;
• interest at the rate of 4% above the Bank of England base rate will be levied on all amounts which have not been settled within 28 days of the invoice date; and
• we will suspend your account until payment has been received in full, which means that you will not be able to order any Cards from us until you have settled your account in full.
Use of Sainsbury’s Brand
You may not use any product image, corporate title, designation, service mark, trademark or any other trading name or style of Sainsbury’s (“Sainsbury’s Brand”) without having first obtained our consent in writing. You may not despatch any Cards to any third party if we have not previously approved any artwork incorporating the Sainsbury’s Brand in writing. We may withdraw any consent or approval referred to in this clause at any time by notifying you of such withdrawal.
You are responsible for checking each delivery. If there is a discrepancy in the number of Products ordered and the number of Products delivered as against your order, you must notify us as soon as possible and in any event, no later than 48 hours after delivery. If we do not receive such notification, then the Products shall be deemed to have been delivered on the Delivery Date and in the correct quantity.
Terms Governing the Cards
You may not sell the Cards to any third parties without our consent. If we do give our consent, then such consent may be subject to any conditions which we impose. In any event you may not sell the Cards through the internet without our express written consent, which you must obtain before making any such sale. We reserve the right at all times to refuse to permit any sale of Cards by you to a third party.
You may change your order if we have not yet despatched the Cards or E-Gift Cards. However, once we have despatched the Cards or E-Gift Cards you may not change the order. If you do make a change to order this may result in a delay in despatch.
You are responsible for ensuring the terms and conditions for the use of each Card or E-Gift Card are brought clearly to the attention of the final recipient.
You are responsible for ensuring that the expiry date of each Card or E-Gift Card is brought clearly to the attention of the final recipient.
The terms governing the use of the Cards themselves are available from us by writing to the following: Sainsbury’s Business Direct, PO Box 138 Annitsford, Cramlington NE23 7WL
In the event that:
- you make any voluntary arrangement with your creditors, you become subject to an administration order, you go into liquidation, you suffer a petition for winding up to be issued against you or the equivalent occurs under any jurisdiction order other than for the purpose of a solvent amalgamation or reconstruction, or (being an individual) you are made bankrupt; or
- an encumbrancer takes possession of, or a receiver or an administrative receiver is appointed over any of your property or assets; or – you suspend or threaten to suspend any payments hereunder or cease or threaten to cease to carry on business or
- Sainsbury’s reasonably considers that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to you then without prejudice to any other right or remedies available to us, we shall be entitled forthwith to cancel our contract with you and/or suspend any further deliveries of Cards without any liability to you.
We will be entitled at any time to require you to deliver up any Cards which have not been paid for to us and if you fail to do so immediately we shall be entitled to enter on to any premises where the Cards are stored and repossess the Cards; for top up monies that have been applied to the Cards we will remove those funds.
Where you have an agreed credit facility, we will be entitled at any time to require you to deliver up any E-Gift Cards which have not been paid for to us and if you fail to do so immediately we shall be entitled to cancel any outstanding digital balance on E-Gift Cards.
Where we are in breach of these terms:
- we will not be liable to you (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for any indirect or consequential loss, cost or damage you suffer;
- we will not in any event be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of data or loss of goodwill, whether any such loss is direct or indirect.
- our maximum liability to you arising out of or in connection with your ordering Cards from us shall be limited to 10% of the value of Cards which you ordered.
The funds on this gift card/gift voucher are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. In the unlikely event of the issuer of this product becoming insolvent some funds on this card/voucher may not be available to spend.
Prize Draw and Competitions Terms and Conditions
Below are the general rules that apply to prize draws and competitions. In addition to these rules there may be special terms & conditions which are relevant to individual prize draws, these will appear as a link on the relevant prize draw and should be read in conjunction with these general rules.
- Colleagues employed by Sainsbury’s and Sainsbury’s Business Direct are ineligible to enter.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or over and UK residents.
- Any images shown depicting the prizes are for illustrative purposes only.
- Entry to the prize draw or competition will be subject to the qualifying terms being met as outlined.
- No entries will be accepted after midnight on the stated closing date.
- Winners will be chosen at random from correct entries received.
- The winners will be contacted by email or telephone within one week of the competition closing date. If we are unable to get in touch with the winners within a month of the draw date the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner chosen.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no cash alternative is available. The prize is not transferrable and must be accepted by the winner. If the winner does not wish to accept the stated prize then it will be forfeited and an alternative winner chosen.
- The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value.
- Winners’ details will be available from Sainsbury’s Business Direct Customer Services, 0800 63 62 62 one week after the published closing date.
- Prizes will be despatched to each winner by courier. A signature may be required on receipt.
- Each entry into the prize draw signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or a prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Promoter is Sainsbury’s Business Direct, PO Box 138, Cramlington, NE23 7WL.