Terms & conditions
Terms and Conditions for the Sale and Use of Vouchers and Cards
Any company, partnership, individual or other legal entity (“you”) purchasing gift vouchers gift cards and gift card top ups or other stored value instruments together the (“Cards”) from Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd (“Sainsbury’s”, “us” or “we”, as applicable) does so subject to these terms and conditions.
The gift voucher, issued by Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd, 33 Holborn, London, EC1N2HT can be exchanged for goods of your choice from any Sainsbury’s store to the value indicated on the face of the voucher. The gift voucher is only valid in Sainsbury’s stores and cannot be redeemed online at www.sainsburys.co.uk , in Sainsbury’s Petrol Stations or in the pharmacy. The gift voucher may not be used for purchases from Concessions in Sainsbury’s stores or at Sainsbury’s Local in partnership with Euro Garages. Change will not be given on any purchase and the gift voucher may not be exchanged for cash. Gift Vouchers have an expiry date which is printed on the back of the voucher.
While we do keep a stock of gift vouchers at all times, if we receive a number of large orders at or around the same time, that may delay delivery of your order as we will need to have more gift vouchers printed.
Gift cards can only be used in Sainsbury’s stores as part or full payment for goods. The gift card may not be used for purchases from Concessions in Sainsbury’s stores or at Sainsbury’s Local in partnership with Euro Garages. They cannot be redeemed at www.sainsburys.co.uk ,in Sainsbury’s Petrol Stations or in the pharmacy. Gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash or used to pay for Sainsbury’s Bank products and services including credit card balances. Gift Cards have a 24 month rolling expiry date from last transaction (including balance enquiries from the customer services desk in store).
The initial and subsequent balances can be checked by calling 0800 636262.
Sainsbury’s is not responsible for any unauthorised use of a gift card and reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this service at any time.
If a gift card is lost or stolen please contact us on 0800 636262. Lines are open Monday to Saturday 8am - 7pm and Sunday 10am-4pm.
If you have a credit facility, we will despatch Cards to you as soon as reasonably possible after we receive your order. If you do not have a credit facility, we will despatch Cards upon receipt of cleared funds in respect of the Cards. For payments by cheque, cleared funds means 5 working days after the submission of the cheque.
Credit card payments are not accepted.
If you are having any difficulties placing your order please call the team on 0870 0101351.
Risk in the Cards will remain with us until the Cards are delivered to you, at which point risk in the Cards shall pass to you. Title in the Cards will remain with us until you pay for the Cards in full. If you sell or transfer the Cards to any third party, you must make clear to the recipient that title in the Cards remains vested in Sainsbury’s until we have been paid in full.
We reserve the right to refuse any order for Cards at any time and for any reason, without the need to state the reason for any such refusal.
If we have opened a credit account for you, we will send you an invoice for the Cards you have ordered within 2 days of receiving your order. You must settle all invoices within 28 days of the date of the invoice.
If you are late in paying any overdue invoices:
• you will forfeit any discount that we have previously agreed to give you, which will then become payable by you;
• interest at the rate of 4% above the Bank of England base rate will be levied on all amounts which have not been settled within 28 days of the invoice date; and
• we will suspend your account until payment has been received in full, which means that you will not be able to order any Cards from us until you have settled your account in full.
Use of Sainsbury’s Brand
You may not use any product image, corporate title, designation, service mark, trademark or any other trading name or style of Sainsbury’s (“Sainsbury’s Brand”) without having first obtained our consent in writing. You may not despatch any Cards to any third party if we have not previously approved any artwork incorporating the Sainsbury’s Brand in writing. We may withdraw any consent or approval referred to in this clause at any time by notifying you of such withdrawal.
If you receive Cards and there are any discrepancies in the number of Cards delivered as against your order, you must notify Sainsbury’s within 48 hours of receiving the Cards otherwise you are deemed to have accepted the order as correct. Except where you have paid by cheque, if you do not receive any Cards within 5 working days of placing your order you should notify us. If you have paid by cheque, for your first order, you should notify us within 10 days of placing your order.
Terms Governing the Cards
You may not sell the Cards to any third parties without our consent. If we do give our consent then such consent may be subject to any conditions which we impose. In any event you may not sell the Cards through the internet without our express written consent, which you must obtain before making any such sale. We reserve the right at all times to refuse to permit any sale of Cards by you to a third party.
You may change your order if we have not yet despatched the Cards. However once we have despatched the Cards you may not change the order. If you do make a change to order this may result in a delay in despatch.
The terms governing the use of the Cards themselves are available from us by writing to the following: Sainsbury’s Business Direct, PO Box 138 Annitsford, Cramlington NE23 7WL
In the event that:
- you make any voluntary arrangement with your creditors, you become subject to an administration order, you go into liquidation, you suffer a petition for winding up to be issued against you or the equivalent occurs under any jurisdiction order other than for the purpose of a solvent amalgamation or reconstruction, or (being an individual) you are made bankrupt; or
- an encumbrancer takes possession of, or a receiver or an administrative receiver is appointed over any of your property or assets; or - you suspend or threaten to suspend any payments hereunder or cease or threaten to cease to carry on business or
- Sainsbury’s reasonably considers that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to you then without prejudice to any other right or remedies available to us, we shall be entitled forthwith to cancel our contract with you and/or suspend any further deliveries of Cards without any liability to you.
We will be entitled at any time to require you to deliver up any Cards which have not been paid for to us and if you fail to do so immediately we shall be entitled to enter on to any premises where the Cards are stored and repossess the Cards; for top up monies that have been applied to the Cards we will remove those funds.
Where we are in breach of these terms:
- we will not be liable to you (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for any indirect or consequential loss, cost or damage you suffer;
- we will not in any event be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of data or loss of goodwill, whether any such loss is direct or indirect.
- our maximum liability to you arising out of or in connection with your ordering Cards from us shall be limited to 10% of the value of Cards which you ordered.
The funds on this gift card/gift voucher are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. In the unlikely event of the issuer of this product becoming insolvent some funds on this card/voucher may not be available to spend.
Prize Draw and Competitions Terms and Conditions
Below are the general rules that apply to prize draws and competitions. In addition to these rules there may be special terms & conditions which are relevant to individual prize draws, these will appear as a link on the relevant prize draw and should be read in conjunction with these general rules.
Persons employed by Sainsbury's and Sainsbury's Business Direct are ineligible.
Only one entry per person.
Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
Any images shown depicting the prizes are for illustrative purposes only.
Entry to the prize draw or competition will be subject to the qualifying terms being met as outlined.
No entries will be accepted after midnight on the stated closing date.
Winners will be chosen at random from correct entries received.
The winners will be contacted by email or telephone within one week of the competition closing date. If we are unable to get in touch with the winners within a month of the draw date we reserve the right to redraw the promotion.
Winners' details will be available from Sainsbury's Business Direct Customer Services, 0800 63 62 62 one week after the published closing date.
The judges' decision is final.
No correspondence will be entered into.
Prizes are not exchangeable for cash.