Our commitment to you
The security of your data is extremely important to us - we have explained below how we intend to use it
- Our promise to you
- What information we collect
- How we will use the information
- Your rights
- Online communities
- Policy changes
- Business Information
- The sainsburysbusinessdirect.co.uk website is operated by Sainsbury's Supermarkets Limited. Sainsbury's respects, and is committed to protecting, your privacy, so we do not sell, rent or loan any information that identifies you to any third party without your consent.
- Information given to us will be shared within the Sainsbury's group of companies and Sainsbury's Bank and, for those who order online, with our agents and other third parties who need your information to enable your order to be delivered.
- To ensure that your corporate credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is suspected details will be retained by the Credit Reference Agency and may be passed to fraud preventing agencies.
- Sainsbury's would like to share your information with any new businesses that it may develop in the future, either on its own or with others. This website will be updated should we develop joint ventures or companies going forward.
- Any information you give to Sainsbury's is held with the utmost care and security.
- When you visit our Website we collect two types of information:
- Personal information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address as provided by you when you; register, enter a competition, use forums, or place an order with us and enter your payment card details.
- Information collected when browsing our website to help us understand how to improve our website and services to you.
- The information Sainsbury's collects will be used to process your orders and to help us ensure that all customers are genuine.
- We will look at the products you buy, together with information about the way you have viewed our website obtained by a 'cookie' (see below). We may use this information for market research and statistical analysis, to enable us to send you information about products and services that may interest you. The information we communicate to you may be sent by email, post or via telephone provided you have consented to us doing so.
- If you wish to amend your marketing preferences with Sainsbury's Business Direct you can do so by contacting our Voucher Centre Team on 0870 0101 351.
- Sainsbury's will, of course, continue to let you have information on the operation of your account including confirmation and delivery details and information about important changes to our services.
- In addition to the company's safeguards your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act. This provides amongst other things that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies.
- Sainsbury's may hold other details about you particularly if you hold a Nectar card. This information is not available online. Should you wish to see any additional information held about you, please write to The Data Protection Manager, at Legal Services, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT. Information held by Sainsbury's Bank plc can be obtained by writing to the Director of Legal and Compliance, Sainsbury's Bank, Mid New Cutlins, Edinburgh EH11 4DH.
- We reserve the right to delete any contribution or take action against any account at any time for any reason.
- Sainsbury's treats all the information it holds with the utmost care and security. Payment details are stored on our system in an encrypted format and can only be accessed when you place an order using your user name or email address and password.
- Please be aware that Sainsbury's will only ever contact customers requesting confirmation of account details:
- If your card is declined at the point of payment (this is not the same as the automatic pre authorisation which happens when you order your products online), or
- In certain circumstances a refund to your card is required as our Voucher Centre Team colleagues do not have access to your payment card details.
- If we contact you we will never ask for your password.
- We advise you never to enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email.
- In order to provide a safe, secure shopping environment for all customers and to ensure we only serve genuine customers, Sainsbury's reserve the right to use reputable security devices and systems as necessary.
Sainsbury's Supermarkets Limited
Registered Office: 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT
Registered in England and Wales - company registration number: 3261722
VAT number: 660 4548 36